Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

P2P2 - Making decisions


Okay, so I have decided on the Bullfrog and have selected a portion of the picture to work on.  My main reason was to cut down on the green and also to concentrate on the frog's beady eye.

I then loaded the resulting crop into Photoshop and played with a few colour swatches.




I think I prefer the first swatch although the gold stripe doesn't look so definite in the swatch as it does in the picture.  The bull frog's eye is very dark. I will need a black or maybe a very dark brown yarn for that.  I have ordered some 2/16  cottons from Handweaver's Studio in London and my next stage is to make some yarn wraps.

1 comment:

  1. I prefer the first color combo, definitely. The second looks diluted, somewhat, but summery. I also like the tiny leaves around the critter, and the color of the water.

    ReplyDelete